Friday, January 21, 2011

Time for Books Again

I have been on a really long break from school; almost 2 years! When Eddie and I got married and moved to Merced we though that we would only be there for 4-6 months and so I never enrolled in school. We were so wrong... and that really frustrates me! We ended up living there for 15 months and all of that was wasted time.

So I finally started applying for school again in September last year, and at the end chose to attend Sac State, home of the hornets; or in its formal name: California State University-Sacramento. The school particularly takes pride in its 300-acre campus, filled with 3,000 trees, hahah. They actually have them numbered. I guess if I'm ever bored I can go find all the trees. The real reason I chose Sac State was because I had heard of its really good Interior Design program that is CIDA (Council for Interior Design Accreditation) accredited. It was a bummer to find out that almost none of my design classes transferred though, and that's because at BYU-Idaho they focus more on residential design, and at Sac State more on commercial building design. It only means I have a lot more school ahead of me than expected and that I will be more rounded at the end of it all :)

I start school on Monday, Jan 24th! This semester I'm only taking GE courses: US Government, The Modern Middle East (history requirement), The History of Childhood (to fulfill a sociology requirement), Graphic Design, and Intro to Design (which are both pre-requisites to apply for the Interior Design Program). I have classes Monday through Thursday, Fridays are off!

In case you forgot, we live in Walnut Creek right now. From our house to the school is 75 miles. Quick math: 75 miles each way, 150 miles a day, 4 days a week = 600 miles a week just for school, plus $5 toll fee a day!!!! Lots of gas and lots of toll $$.

Anyway, I am super excited to go back to school. I've been kind of a bum for the last year and a half, and I'm excited to have a "life" again.

We did have a Christmas miracle about this whole "going back to school" deal, and maybe I'll share that next time. I am so blessed to have the opportunity of going back to school.

3 comments:

  1. so excited about you going back to school!!!!
    yay hope it goes super

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I made a real blog now. Easier to follow. How are you liking school again?!!? :)

    ReplyDelete